Tuesday, February 9, 2010

MAD at My Medical!


So, I'm pretty livid! I can't make an appointment with the OB clinic because my home clinic hasn't released my medical records, or something along those ridiculous lines. Making appointments in the military health care system is a joke anyway, it usually takes about three weeks to get seen. I need to be seen in the 8th week of pregnancy, and that's two weeks away. So if I have to wait until my records are released, it could take up to a month to get seen. Now, by logical deduction, couldn't that put my baby at risk? Why couldn't they just make the appointment, and if, for any reason at all I wouldn't need it anymore, release it later? That way, I could get seen in time, and my baby wouldn't suffer....

When I was pregnant with my son, I had no worries at all. My husband was between jobs at the time, so I got on emergency Medi-Cal. As funny as this seems, the free health care I got on that program is better than the programs they offer our men and women in uniform and their families. They offered me everything whenever I wanted it. I got a bunch of ultrasounds (I hear the naval hospital only gives you one in the middle of pregnancy) and I got my vitamin prescriptions when I needed them (instead of having to wait three weeks for them to call them in) and so on and so forth...

I feel like writing a letter or a blog somewhere very public about all of this. I'm just THAT mad!!!

0 thoughts about this post on "MAD at My Medical!"

Post a Comment