Friday, February 12, 2010

Teen Pregnancy-Part 2


So, I never realized how many people feel the same way that I do about teens and pregnancy today. I posted the question "what are some thoughts about teen pregnancy today? what do you think about MTV's show '16 and Pregnant'?" on my Facebook today and the responses I got were relatively similar to my point of view.

My friend Crystal said, "...its definitely not portraying how they manage their lives or relationships as positive".
I agree with that statement in a sense. If pregnancy was meant to be a glamorous thing at the age of 16, it wouldn't be so hard. The show does fail to show the girls who have no support and are struggling to even feed themselves.

My friend Melissa echoed my thoughts there. She said, "I, personally, think it's ridiculous..... in order for them to defer teen pregnancy, they need to start showing the not so good struggles that teen parents go through, instead of the, oh it's ok, cuz your parents will have your back, version. I mean they aren't really showing the reality of it. They are sugar coating everything. I'm very disappointed with MTV."
I think that more people need to be disappointed in MTV. Why would they really want a show about teen pregnancy anyway? The only benefits that I could ever see coming from a show like that would be an increase in teen pregnancy and angry parents.

What do YOU think?

0 thoughts about this post on "Teen Pregnancy-Part 2"

Post a Comment